Monday, September 21, 2009

I Sense a Disturbance in the Force

The co-founder of the International Church of Jediism, Master Morda Hehol (Daniel Jones), was kicked out of a North Wales supermarket after refusing to remove his hood. The super-market, Tesco, has been accused of religious discrimination after the company ordered Master Morda Hehol to remove his hood or leave.
"I told them it was a requirement of my religion but they just sniggered and ordered me to leave. I walked past a Muslim lady in a veil. Surely the same rules should apply to everyone. It was discrimination. I was really upset. Nobody should be treated like that. I'll advise worshippers to boycott Tesco if it happens again. They will feel the Force."
The jedi holocron, handbook, clearly states that "Jedis must wear a hood up in any public place of a large audience."
A Tesco spokeswoman said:
"Jedi are very welcome to shop in our stores although we would ask them to remove their hoods. Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda and Luke Skywalker all went hoodless without going to the Dark Side. If Jedi walk around our stores with their hoods on, they'll miss lots of special offers."

I don't know where I stand on this. I wonder what the stores policy is on people wearing hooded jackets during the winter or all the teens with hoodies, who keep them up while in the store.

No comments: